Monday, January 21, 2008

So, happy new year to you too!


Holy Cow. So it's been forever since I've posted. And I have alot to catch up on! I haven't had time to clean my house, let alone do a post, so leave me alone!
This is what Phil had a blast doing in the late fall... he made salsa! If you know my husband, you know that he absolutely loves hot stuff. So he made some that is "mild" (in his sence) for me, then he made hot, and extra HOT. He had brought some jalepeno's (I think that's what they were, they were the hottest pepper you can buy) home from work, and we dried them. They looked super cute in my kitchen, but he crushed them up, and added them to his salsa... he had a blast making it!

As many of you know, I LOVE to decorate cakes. Here is one I made last fall for a guy in our church who is a HUGE Star Trek fan. Don't you just love my clouds? :)
Finally! A picture of my hair when it got highlighted! LOL lame, I know... but here it is!

Here is my latest cake creation, I had never used chocolate to decorate with... It was a fun! All you see on this cake, is chocolate. It is a double layer fudge cake, with white chocolate filling, then frosted with double fudge frosting. All the decor you see is made from me melting chocolate, making the designs and then placing them on the cake. Interesting huh? I made it for a girl at work that loves chocolate :)




Here is the Christmas tree from 2007 (notice my red wall... isn't it beautiful?)
So, my best buddie Mo turned 17 on Jan 5th. I picked up her two other best friends and we decorated the car... then we showed up at Mo's house and banged on her door, sang Happy Birthday and off we went!
We spent the day going to Washington Square and of course when mo aand I are together, we have to go to Cato and Walmart! Happy Birthday Mo, I lovers you tons!
Here we are again... seems like we are always posing for pictures :)
Here is the most latest news... We now have a Children's Chior in our church! Phil and I will be working with them... We had our first practice this past Sunday, I had them all gather around the piano for one song... they loved it, and so did I! There are more on the left, but this was the best pic... aren't they cute holding thier hymnals?
And lastly... Phil got us tickets to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra from Christmas!!! It was really fun, and I totally enjoyed it! :) Thanks baby!

Signing off for now... Emily









8 comments:

The Howell Family said...

I've been wondering where you are! You look wonderful and I am so glad everything is going well!! Love you and miss you bunches!!

Tabatha said...

She is still alive! Now, I need to update mine again.... 8-)

Daniel & Heidi Schatz said...

hey emily! Luv the new post all those cakes were making my sweet tooth come alive!!:) I LOVE the little children's choir you're doing, that's something I've always wanted to do. Looks like fun! Take care..

The Bryants said...

I love your hair Emily! Your cakes look great too! Too bad you're not here..we could go into business together. :) I loved the post and all the pictures! Miss ya!

John and Pamela Cabrera said...

Those cakes were awesome! I wish I had that kind of artistic talent! My brother-in-law is a huge Star Wars fan, so he would love a cake like that. Star Wars, Star Trek, close enough, right?!?

Charlie McCoy said...

So good to hear from you! LOVE your hair! It's so cute! You did a wonderful job on those cakes too. Amazing talent. Don't be such a stranger. =) Love and miss you!

Mrs. Kristy Rowell said...

Wow!

Becoming the 101 Cake Woman aren't you. You did a wonderful job on your cakes and I know you had a blast doing them. That is really special what you did for Morgie. I bet she was excited and all of the above.

Phil is just the bomb! That must have been awesome to go see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. How very sweet! You go Phil!

I was about ready to jump through the computer, to your work, stick my head out and say, Woman blog. But since you did there is no need for me to be so drastic. Plus it might have hurt too. lol

I'm glad that you blogged, even though your so busy.

Much Love, Sis-I-L
XXX'x & 000's

Mrs. Kristy Rowell said...

Everyone together now.

Update, Update, Update

Woman you have a computer at home now. Make TIME to write.

Oh the magic word~~~~~~PLEASEEEE